xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> On the Edge of Beautiful: Surgery Update

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Surgery Update


Talitha had surgery Monday. Yes, Monday - the day I was so worried about her it seemed like the sugar of a thousand m&ms would not suffice. I got an email this morning that she had the surgery and it was done through a heart cath - not open heart. This is fantastic news. No difficult surgery, no long recovery and risk of infection of the incision. I'm going to post a video of what they did to repair one of her heart defects because it's easier than explaining it. It's also a video made in Chinese. So the guy talking has a slight Chinese accent and there's Chinese background music. Apropos.


Her other defects may resolve with time. She'll have a full work up at the pediatric hospital in Jacksonville when we get home.

We also got some pictures of Tali in the hospital. Oh my goodness, you guys. She is so sad. She even has a single crocodile tear in a couple pictures. Maybe it's that I know she's an orphan - but she really seems like an orphan to me. Forlorn. Alone. I just want to reach through the computer and hold her and whisper I love her and tickle her feet until she laughs.

I attempted Chinese cuisine today. We ended our rice fast and enjoyed chow mein and brownies with ice cream. My in-laws joined us and we talked and laughed and thanked the Healer for his goodness. And Tali girl? There's a brownie with ice cream in your very near future.






No comments:

Post a Comment