xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> On the Edge of Beautiful: Scenes From a House

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Scenes From a House

A woman stands at the stove, stirring.

Her husband walks through the door and into the kitchen to greet his wife.

She turns and curls her finger, beckoning him closer.

Perplexed, he walks until they are face-to-face.

She smiles a slow, seductive smile and begins to wrap his tie around her hand, drawing him still closer.

He smiles a shy smile.

She puts her face close to him, the tie now rolled to the knot.

Her eyes are fiery with passion.

"I want you...to give me 5 minutes. To myself. I want to pee without toddlers getting into the cabinets, without a 2 year old saying "What's that? What's that?" while pointing to various places on my body. I want to take a shower without someone opening the curtain. I want to take a shower without a kid shouting into the room "Mom? I know you said not to bother you if it's not an emergency but this is an emergency. I can't find my lip gloss. Also, what are we having for dinner? If we don't eat then we'll die and that will be an emergency." Just 5 minutes. Now. Please. Before I go all Lizzie Borden up in here."

End of scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment