xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> On the Edge of Beautiful: Into the Deep

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Into the Deep

This year (and the last) has been momentous, busy, somewhat confusing. Last year we welcomed our third child, Noah.  A birth is always an occasion to celebrate, to rejoice, to partake in the wonder that is an epidural. We moved. Across town - but an undertaking nonetheless. Our previous house was in a small, newish neighborhood. Our neighbors' porch stared right into ours. Really put a damper on quiet evenings. So we purchased a home across town with more land and a pool (this is Florida, by the way - and now "This...is...Sparta!" is in my mind.). Lots of decisions have been made in the last year. To begin a youth ministry at our (new) church, to go back to school and get my bachelor's in nursing, to adopt from China. Each of these decisions deserves its own post and will most likely get it in the days to come.

These days are a bit overwhelming but I remind myself of the old adage 'One day at a time.' Paperwork is daunting, my transcripts are numerous and scattered (I'm too educated. At least on paper.), the laundry is laughing at me. This is a journey, a sojourn, lead by the One who holds my heart. I can sense we're turning a corner in our lives, deep into an unknown land. Exciting, wild, most likely fraught with perils and victories.

Everyday I remind myself to look around. To nibble those dangerously cute baby thighs a bit longer, to read one more book before bedtime.

The days are busy and long but man, they'e good.

No comments:

Post a Comment