xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> On the Edge of Beautiful: Random Ramblings

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Random Ramblings

Family Pictures

We had family pictures done the other evening by our wonderful photographer friend. Before the pictures, Matt and I were getting ready and said to him "Aw, I have a zit on my face." He replied "That's ok. She can photoshop that right out. I'm hoping she'll give me a full head of hair."

After the applying of the makeup (during which I ran out of eyeliner and couldn't find my new mascara so I had to use the old tube - my makeup skills are like a cry for help), I went out to get dressed.

Immediate depression.

I finally found an outfit I was halfway satisfied with and decided to wear one of those bodyshaper tank tops underneath my shirt. If there's ever a time to wear something that slims, it's during a professional photoshoot. Have you ever put one of these tank tops on? Good gravy, it's like being born. After several minutes of struggling and grunting, I finally got the top on. Sigh of relief. It was then that I casually looked down and saw the tag sticking out. Yes. It was on backwards.

I whip it off (well, it took several minutes to get it back off). Forget it. It's not worth it. So I'm a little extra cuddly in the pictures, so what?



Beware of Dog

I went back to work for the first time after we've had Talitha home (I work about one 12 hour shift a week, usually on the weekends when Matt is home. I am a kept woman and I like it).  After I came home this past Saturday, Toby was really excited and kept wagging his tail and licking me. It couldn't be that I smelled any different. Surely I've come home drenched in MRSA before. At first I was really touched. He missed me. Then I remembered reading stories about how dogs can sense things about people. It depressed me a little, thinking the dog was just happy to have me home again when in reality he was probably just trying to warn me of a brain tumor or something. He's over there spelling out CAT SCAN with his kibbles...

A Batch of Disappointment

You know when you're pretty good at making something so you feel pretty confident before people come over? I was baking cookies for our small group yesterday. Basic chocolate chip cookies, I've made them hundreds of times before. Usually they turn out really well when it's just my husband and kids at home and they get eaten without anyone stopping long enough to admire them. But when you have people over? That's when the bread burns and the lasagna is watery and the cookies come out all flat and weird and it's painfully obvious that you don't know what you're doing in life.


Cover those puppies with some ice cream and serve them anyway, that's what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment