xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> On the Edge of Beautiful: Monday Morning

Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday Morning

The kitchen is ridiculously awful. The laundry has grown to such tremendous heights that whole families of badgers could live quite happily in the piles. My children are woefully undereducated. I have a filling that feels like it's falling out and there is an unpleasant whoosing sensation when I turn my head. Aerobic exercise is right out.

We don't have a lot of information about Talitha's health right now. Her diagnoses may be and most likely are incomplete. I've spent the whole morning calling my agency and husband and emailing adoptive mamas and doctors and trying to see if we should medically expedite her for surgery here. I'm worried about her and trying to make the best decision we can for her.

Noah is taking everything in stride. His diaper fell down his pant leg and he peed all over himself. He seems pretty happy about things though.



6 comments:

  1. See I was just about to comment and tell you that we could TOTALLY be friends....but then I noticed that in your bio you are a "sporadic runner." Yeah....ummmmmm....I don't so much run. Nor exercise. So....ummmm....good knowing you. Buh-bye now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should change my bio. To someone that sporadically thinks about running. My knees make weird crunchy noise when they bend (and you can felt the crunchiness) and I look and feel like I'm about to die when I run. But maybe I'll keep it. It looks like I do stuff. Also, I need a picture of me up by my bio. To be more official. Not a picture of me running, of course. Maybe napping? Sipping sangria? Trying not to laugh as my toddler caresses himself and says lovingly "Peepee?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, you crack me up! I love your stories and I love sharing them with loved ones! I'm so happy for you and Matt! I hope that your daughter will be in your arms soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all sounds like a carefully crafted excuse to avoid starting the P90X.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut your face, Mitchtopher.

    ReplyDelete