xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> On the Edge of Beautiful: China Day 5 - Walmart

Thursday, September 5, 2013

China Day 5 - Walmart

 What would my blog be without the Walmart posts?

Thankfully I didn't have a toddler with diarrhea on this trip, as is my usual. The Walmart here is definitely different. This one in Nanning is huge and it's underground. Our guide told us it's not that big, there are bigger ones in Nanning. There's an escalator to go up and down. Nothing here is handicap accessible. Also, it's not open 24 hours. Only 8:30 to midnight. We walked to Walmart yesterday morning at 6 am only to find that the only thing open is KFC (which also serves hamburgers).


The men's underwear was fabulous

To clear up any confusion on where diapers go

Just, you know, a row of frozen pigs feet

Oh and frozen chickens

Rice in bulk. I kept thinking how it would be considered so unsanitary in the U.S. Plus, people would put things in there for a prank.
Tiny little cups of pudding or custard or something.
Bags of dried fish
The aquariums here are not for pets!
Fish not wrapped or anything, the flies were horrible

I always eat shrimp and think "Why don't they make crackers out of these things?"

The checkout lanes were much smaller. People can't buy a lot at one time because they mostly walk or ride scooters. The checkout lady held up a big and I nodded. She tried to stuff everything into one bag until I motioned she could use another. She scanned it and I realized they charged for bags here. 

Talitha and I went back to the hotel room and Matt and Jack went to a local bakery for a snack. He said he tried to use Hong Kong dollars by accident and they found it pretty funny. Oh those silly gringos! Or whatever the Chinese equivalent for that is.

Nothing funny or sentimental here today, just writing down things I'd forget otherwise. This afternoon we go to the local museum and then to board the overnight train to Guangzhou. Will blog about it when we get there (assuming we don't get off in the wrong city or something).  On to the Guangzhou!









No comments:

Post a Comment