xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> On the Edge of Beautiful: Settling In and Small Talk

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Settling In and Small Talk

Talitha is settling in pretty well here. We went to church today and she let another woman hold her for awhile then happily came to me (although I did have food so it's hard to say she really wanted me). Later in the service I took her to the nursery. My friend's daughter sat across from me on the floor and held up her hand and asked Tali for a high five. Tali slowly raised her leg and tapped the girl's hand with her foot. Sense of humor, this one.

Tonight we stayed up awhile watching cartoons since Noah had a fever. Tali laid on my shoulder after her bottle of milk. After about 10 minutes she turned to everyone and waved goodbye. She wanted to sleep. She really sleeps well, in her crib in the room she shares with Kate. She sleeps well for her afternoon nap and sleeps through the night. Hooray!


Random Thoughts: Today I was at a birthday party and was making small conversation with another woman over the Cheetos (Cheetoes?). She told me everything was going well and she can't complain. People say this all the time and it makes me feel sad. I think they're just not trying hard enough. So sometimes I'll help them out -

"How about your shoes? Did you wear those on purpose?"

"You know, your face isn't symmetrical. There's something to complain about."

It just saddens me when people give up so easily. Of course you can complain - you just have to put your mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment